Old Jan 24, 20, 7:57 am
srikp

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Talking

Originally Posted by perseus11 View Post
So let me get this straight, so far this thread has zero confirmation that this " Ultra-Long Haul route" Rumor has anything to do with Australia, let alone Brisbane. It's just individual speculation, based on rumors and maybe a hypothetical approx. 12 Hour flight path from DFW or LAX to Brisbane. Plus a stretch that AA is going to take over an existing QF LAX-BNE route. Why would AA dedicate likely 2 787-9s to a secondary Australian city (based on U.S. travel patterns) and compete with VA on the route, when there are gobs of less risky endeavors ? Am I missing something?
Exactly my question. Why would LAX - BNE be considered an Ultra Long Haul when airlines are stretching the limits of airline travel (LHR - SYD, JFK - SIN etc).

Also why is the launch of LAX - BNE considered lucrative except for the purpose of elite customers that want to upgrade. If I am a paying customer I would perhaps want to fly direct to MEL or SYD or even BNE as might be the case.

I would have ideally preferred a direct route to SE Asia (more specifically to India from DFW or some part of East Coast - even PHL if that is what it takes Talking).