FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Zimmerli pajamas closest to the LX F version?
Old Jan 24, 2020, 4:29 am
sophialite

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by Nic33
If Zimmerli complies with the laws and regulations to be able to claim that it is "hamdmade in Switzerland", I am fine with it, even if Zimmerli just folds and irons the pjs in Switzerland. This is the game in the luxury industry, as you stated.

But if Zimmerli does not comply with those rules and regulations for LX's pjs, I am pissed off. Zimmerli sticks its brand on LX's pjs and brags everywhere that its products are "handmade in Switzerland". As a customer, I should be able to rely on that statement and to expect that any Zimmerli branded item is handmade in Switzerland (whatever it means).

Accordingly, my expectations are that LX's pjs comply with the statement "handmade in Switzerland". If they do not, I feel screwed.
Oh interesting. I think this is where we venture into opinion territory (i.e., now we are not debating factually whether Zimmerli makes these), but seems like not an unreasonable position to take I guess. I come out on this the other way because I just assume they're not really Zimmerli, and I have night clothes from many different manufacturers. Quality and process and provenance only really matter to me if I've actually gone out and paid a lot for it. And I'm pretty I know all of that for the items I've spent a lot of money on (and in many cases, it's why I've spent $$$ on them).