FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID19 UA Suspensions,Reductions,Waivers;Cuts 90% Intl April,All Cities waiver 31May
Old Jan 23, 20, 5:59 am
skidooman

Programs: UA 1K/1.5 million miler, SU Gold, JL Sapphire
Originally Posted by TechMarauder View Post
Iím connecting through PVG enroute to HKG Today. I understand the concern, but not sure why a few hundred flus with roughly the same overall
death rate % in a country of 1.4 billion freaks everyone out.
The Ďregularí flu hits millions and kills thousands in our own country. I understand that this is a new strain and the sensational news wants to dramatize everything but I really donít see a risk for healthy people that are not going to the epicenter.
I am with you on that one. Let us be a tad patient.

The good thing is that the Chinese government can take energetic measures in a case like this and they take the situation very seriously. May not always be a good thing, but in this case it is. Nip this thing in its infancy.

There has been a handful of cases outside Wuhan, even less international. Just be energetic and proactive. Also, from my understanding, getting the virus is not a death sentence. That is different from, say, Ebola, which is a good news.

Of course, I am transferring in PVG on my way back home in 2 weeks, and frankly it is on my mind. Guess if the issue becomes worse I will give AC a call and see what they can do.