FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2020, 1:08 pm
jlemon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by JoeDTW
In 2005, I flew from St Maarten to Saba, just to experience Saba's legendary approach.....

Another thing i liked about Saba was how friendly its residents are. Every driver that passed me on The Road waved at me. Because so few tourists visit Saba, the residents are more welcoming of visitors than residents of most other Caribbean islands are.
Yes, we experienced this as well. It is indeed a very friendly place with very beautiful rain forests. Not much in the way of beaches (and locals informed us that the last hurricane to hit Saba several years ago mostly washed away what little sand there was) but it's a place I would love to visit once again. We can highly recommend the Queen's Gardens Resort as a place to stay. Claire Verbeke and her superb staff took very good care of us and the cuisine prepared by the resort's restaurant was outstanding. And one should not miss the opportunity to have dinner up in the "Bird's Nest" which is an outdoor dining table located up in a huge tree as the resort is located on the edge of the rain forest.