FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unhappy customers over no inflight power or WiFi
Old Jan 21, 2020, 7:55 pm
arc727

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
To be fair AA had planned on retiring the LUS 321s (originally) last year. Then the Max debacle came along and now those birds will need to be around at least through the end of 2021. IIRC according to JonNYC AA will install wifi on those planes. Don't know about power outlets.
Actually, I believe you are referring to the “Hawaii” 757s. That’s more than likely the plane OP was on. Currently there’s 10 of these in the fleet. As mentioned, they were supposed to be retired at the end of 2019 but will now be kept until 2021.

Of these 10 planes, 5 do not have WiFi at all. The other 5 were equipped with GoGo 2KU high-speed WiFi. To my knowledge, the only IFE is overhead screens; there is no streaming IFE on any of these planes. However, power outlets are in F.

To those saying people should get over it if there’s no WiFi on a plane, first this is a 5+ hour flight (not just a couple-hour hop). And second, why would AA be spending a bunch of money outfitting planes with power and high-speed WiFi if no one cares or should “get over it?” It’s 2020. Maybe a book or puzzle works for some, but I’m sure others would appreciate internet and/or streaming IFE in this day and age.