FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta took my assigned first class seats away and did not reassign the seats
Old Jan 21, 2020, 2:03 pm
strickerj

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by sspontak
Last week I flew solo in D1 JFK-LAS. I checked in the day before and printed my boarding pass for 1C in a 757-200. I didn't board in Zone 1 but later in the Zone boarding but not late. The agent already gave my seat away saying I never checked in. I said no that I did check in the day before and printed my boarding pass and I also checked in at the Sky Priority desk to check my bag.

It took the gate agent about 15 minutes to re-shuffle the D1 cabin and the best she could do was give me 1A instead of the 1C on the aisle. When I boarded, there was someone already sitting in 1A and D1 was full. They made the guy in 1C (my original seat) move to the main cabin.

The gate agent said this sometimes happens usually when checking in online. Has a similar issue happened to anyone when checking in online? This has never happened to me before.

At least I got my original assigned seat.
I don’t see any other explanation for this besides a non-rev hoping you wouldn’t show.