FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unhappy customers over no inflight power or WiFi
Old Jan 21, 2020, 10:34 am
ricktoronto

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
They have. My laptop runs for 6-9 hours. Just avoid some of the power sucking options when configuring the PC you purchase like, FHD instead of UHD screens effectively doubles your battery time, SSD instead of hard drive, and choosing a 52WHr battery over 45WHr (Dell sells/sold the same XPS13 laptop in Home and Business with one of the few differences being the Business config is 52WHr and Home is 45WHr).
Way!?! No way!?!?

SSD is what some type of voodoo technology?

This just all sounds made up by the same people who predicted we'd have flying cars like the Jetsons by now.

Originally Posted by LondonElite
I think you may have missed the (invisible) sarcasm smiley.
Several people seem to have, and many seem to think it's some existential crisis to sit and read for a few hours.

Or provide for themselves with clearly available technology that will outlast a trip of mild duration. I fly a lot and have not used airline IF"E" (since it is usually rotten, out of date and boring and at times, edited for shape and content), by simply bringing such entertainment with me, and a supply of stored electrons that won't be exhausted. Integrated into a device or external as a supplement. (Tip: Bring a Caterpillar 8D 12V battery - a handy 12V, 250,000 (!!!) mAh and only 130 pounds.)

I will say I discovered a couple UK comedies on CX years ago, a whole series of Peep Show and the Inbetweeners. Not much that good now, unfortunately.

For working in Y for those piteous souls flying in Y, there are lenticular screens that limit or omit the ability to see from the sides on an LCD, the latter also apparently some new invention since my portable has a yellow screen CRT of almost 6" in size.

Last edited by JY1024; Feb 4, 2020 at 10:49 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts