FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question: Paid revenue seats on J AC YVR-YYZ switched to AC Rouge J
Old Jan 21, 2020, 3:41 am
DestinaLente1

Programs: AC50k, Fairmont Platinum, Marriott
Originally Posted by Adam1222
The problem is we don't know what the *OP* wanted, though. There was a clickbaity title saying OP was "switched", which isn't the term id use here. And moreover, there are a lot of responses saying "typical AC" and the like, when I don't think AC did something "wrong" here. Just because OP may be entitled to some compensation in your view doesn't mean that AC did some horrible outrageous thing here. No airline can predict how every particular passenger would like to be reaccommodated in irrops.
Apologies -- Clickbait wasn't my intention when I used the word 'switched' in the title. I just didn't know what else to call it. What AC did 'wrong' was not listening to me at the TPE counter when I asked for a later flight and after I said we were fine with being in YVR a few hours if that's what it would take. Putting us on Rouge was egregious, but not outrageous, as you say, and they were surely working on the usual assumption that people want to get to their destinations as quickly as possible.