FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unbelievable Experience of Purser Reuniting us With Bag of Gifts Left Onboard.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 7:34 pm
TravellingMan

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
On most (tune it out these days) international flights, I am always admonished to take everything I own from the cabin before disembarking as I will not be able to get back on the aircraft again nor claim the left behind items due to customs regulations. Plus the seriousness with which CBP takes customs declaration, made me question if what the United personnel did was legal? I think she could have been in trouble with CBP if stopped.

Originally Posted by tylerdurden4543
Why wouldn't it be? Though the person who carries them through customs (in this case Janette) would be legally responsible for the contents
Originally Posted by nomad420
I suspect UA doesn't want any of their personnel put into this situation with customs but don't know if this is stated policy. Wouldn't be surprised to learn that it is.
Originally Posted by tylerdurden4543
Sorry for any confusion, I was commenting on the legality of it. I agree that there is/should be probably a UA policy against it, though...
Originally Posted by cfischer
Yeah, as nice as this story may be, I do wonder whether the FA will get into serious trouble with the OPs Email to 1KVoice