FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question: Paid revenue seats on J AC YVR-YYZ switched to AC Rouge J
Old Jan 20, 2020, 7:21 pm
YEG USER

Originally Posted by DestinaLente1
I'll be voting EVA or ANA with my wallet for sure. Yes, definitely annoyed. I'm afraid I have to disagree with you on Rouge not being that different than mainline J. We'd flown YYZ-YVR just 10 days before so the difference was quite discombobulating
How are you defining "mainline J"? Signature Class, or the typical narrow body J recliner seats? Was your YYZ-YVR Signature Class or regular mainline J?

FWIW, Signature Class (i.e. lie-flat seats) is relatively rare domestically and typically only sold on a few specific routes. Even then, maybe only 1/2 the flights on the route might offer Signature Class. Picking a random date next week (Jan 27), I see that there are 11 non-stop flights YVR-YYZ, and only 5 of those have lie-flat seats. Also, the only rouge flight on the route Jan 27 (and this appears to be common for next week) is at 1:30am (i.e. the last flight out for the night) - although this could have been different for the day of your trip for operational reasons.

Unfortunately misconnects happen, but on a route such as YVR-YYZ it is just as likely that the next flight will have regular J seats instead of lie-flats. Would you have been as upset if you were in regular J on mainline, or is it the fact that you were on rouge that upsets you? What would have been more important to you at the time - having 5 hours in a lie-flat seat (and possibly waiting until the next day for an open seat), or getting to YYZ at the earliest available time?