FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - InterContinental Phuket (Master Thread)
View Single Post
Old Jan 20, 2020, 9:09 am
palermo

Programs: AA EXP IC AMBASSADOR/DIAMOND Tk/ELITE (*G), JumeirahONE Gold
Gentleman Aventurer Congrats on the quality of the pics. I was wondering what time of the day (based on the sun seems early evening)/day of the week were the pics taken as I am amazed at how empty the place looks. I would have loved that the place looked like that during my stay.

The "swimming sea area" does not seem to be marked either so I guess that was quite early in December before they set it up?

Do you have a sense of the occupancy.

My pics are of the hotel up and running, not at full capacity by any means but with decent occupancy. My issue is that I don't see the place looking like that after it is fully operational other than in very low season and I just couldn't get over the crowding issue.

When I was there, even the club pool area was crowded.

I was reading some subsequent reviews and apparently the hotel had a wedding that was quite disrupting.

On an unrelated note and for general information. I was charged 700THB from the airport- not through the hotel

To go to Patong, I was charged 500THB (Euro 15) with GRAB and again 500THB in the way back by hiring a car directly in Patong. It is a 15 minutes ride to Patong but that is the general situation with taxis in Phuket. You could not walk to Patong or Surin Beach.

Kamala "town" (essentially to stock things from the 7Eleven) is an easy 10/15 minutes walk. I understand taxis are 200 or 300 THB to the "centre" of Kamala but most people could very easily walk.

Last edited by palermo; Jan 20, 2020 at 10:25 pm