FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Am I crazy thinking of squeezing a trip to LA a few days before my next booking?
Old Jan 19, 2020, 5:56 pm
Reetmafreen

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
You are bored, so to relieve it you are thinking of spending over 11 hours sitting on a plane to fly across the atlantic to then 2 days later spend over 11 hours sitting on a plane overnight

I think that the answer to the question posed is Yes
That reminds me, last year just for a giggle and for something to do over a holiday weekend here in the US, my wife and I flew LAX-HKG-LAX-SAN for dinner. We took off late on the Friday evening and landed Sunday morning. We did a bit of sightseeing after dropping our luggage at our hotel and picked out a place for dinner. Had some drinkies, enjoyed dinner and went to bed. We got up on the Monday morning and did a bit more sightseeing and headed to the airport for the 6PM departure that landed at 4PM the same day in LAX and then down to SAN later that evening.

The Hong Kong weather was bleeding miserable though and although we booked into PE we were lucky to get a miles and copay upgrade into J for the flight home. I would do something similar again if I got the chance.