FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Am I crazy thinking of squeezing a trip to LA a few days before my next booking?
Old Jan 19, 2020, 2:15 pm
Fly_IAD
Suspended

Originally Posted by makin'miles
I haven't checked the forecast, but have you thought of a quick few days in Tel Aviv? With only a two hour time difference and a flight half the length, it can be a great option for a few days in the sun. Late January can see some rainstorms, but you can equally get some pleasant, sunny weather and see the temperatures inch up towards 20C. Great food town as well.

Accommodation will generally be a bit expensive, although there should be some deals this time of year. And your Avios would likely stretch to a WT+ or even business redemption.

This was going to be my #1 recommendation or for that matter elsewhere in the Middle East given the comparatively very short flighty time to LAX and ease of getting some very nice places to stay but frankly Spinstorm might find that all as
boring as they find Europe!

Forgive me also but I found it a bit annoying that they asked for advice but in subsequent posts left the impression that really they just want to go to not so sunny LA for a weekend, 11 hours in economy via not so great Avios deal. Hey- if you want to go to LA and stay in a worn out hotel near the LAX airport just go for it! why need any validation or other ideas from us random people on the interwebs. Do what makes you happy!

Last edited by Fly_IAD; Jan 19, 2020 at 2:25 pm