FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Preferred connection? LHR vs PHL
View Single Post
Old Jan 19, 2020, 1:06 pm
aztimm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by perseus11
OP, you have to understand that it is typically the same posters who trash PHL everytime they see a thread titled "PHL". Responses like, "Words cannot describe the complete and total disaster that is PHL" are RANTS that have little or nothing to do with addressing the Thread's principal ? or intent. Further, it is virtually impossible to assess the credibility of even a sophisticated critical airport assessment, without a knowledge of the poster's overall frequency and scope (e.g. number of facilities/terminals, etc.) of visits to the facility. End of Rant.
Totally agree. I've gone through PHL and LHR many times, and given the choice I'd go with PHL any day. Was at LHR one December day a few years ago when they had weather (some light snow), and it was total chaos. They were canceling tons of flights (mostly to elsewhere in Europe), the F lounge was packed to the gills, food was mediocre, and I was just happy to get on my LHR-AUS flight (I won't even get into security and terminal transfers).
I've been to PHL during weather, and while it isn't without issues, it can handle things far better than LHR. As someone who came from the US Airways side, I've transferred at PHL countless times, often getting from aircraft through US customs/immigration, re-clearing security, and in lounge within 15 minutes.

Originally Posted by Beachfun71
Well, I have purchased now, but the connection issue is this... I want to leave after 12n and still be home the same day. That leaves me with two options for leaving AMS: 1:05 PM on AA via PHL or 2:15 PM on BA via LHR. I took the LHR option.
Glad that you selected an option that works for you. Hope things go smoothly for your travel!