FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The latest in Hilton Customer Care
View Single Post
Old Jan 19, 2020, 7:47 am
twitch76

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
What I posted is entirely relevant because it details how the system works when you contact Hilton Corporate.

Perhaps I wasn't clear. If you have a complaint about a hotel and you want it addressed quickly, you should be complaining to the hotel directly.

Additionally, the absolute best time to address a problem is at the hotel. Hotel managers have a wide range of service recovery gestures available to them for in-house guests. Once you leave, compensation becomes far more limited.
Again, all true and helpful, but irrelevant. My post wasn’t about obtaining service recovery (and in fact, I never asked for or expected service recovery). My post was about two things: a poorly written email and a promised timeline that wasn’t met. Hilton provides the channel for communication, and Hilton established the timeline for response. The fact that *you* think I should have done something differently has absolutely no bearing on my experience with Corporate Hilton in this instance.

Your post is based on a reasonable (but incorrect) assumption that my complaint was something hotel management could resolve. That’s fine, because I did not and will not provide details of my complaint in this forum. Suffice it to say that the complaint was about hotel management, and not something that hotel management could resolve.