FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Preferred connection? LHR vs PHL
View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 20, 9:50 am
phlwookie

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
I live in PHL but have done AMS-LHR-PHL at times when the non-stop wasn’t running in winter in past years. All but one time, the BA flight arrived at T5, and AA goers out of T3, which does make for a slower and more hassled connection, though of course you can also fly BA metal LHR-PHL which does normally use T5. Personally, I try to avoid LHR for connections when possible - they just tend to take a while even with fast track lines. All of LHR, ORD and PHL struggle in bad weather, but LHR tends to be the most sensitive to disruption from frozen precipitation.

Ironically I have connected international to domestic in PHL numerous times even though I live here - usually I was coming back to the US midweek and still had to visit another customer site. It’s not bad, and I’ve never had delays at immigration and customs with Global Entry. Should the line at A-East be too long, you can always walk over to use security at Terminals A-West, B, or C (C is PreCheck only).

I’d say go with whichever gets you the most comfortable seat across the pond.