FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EK newbie questions
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2020, 8:53 pm
Saltire74
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by pollycat
Live in HKG and usually fly BA but thought I would try EK First from HKG - DXB - MAN. First time with EK.

Would be grateful for some guidance from EK regulars:

- Can I get the chauffeur service in HKG? The EK website only shows me being able to book this while in the UK to and from MAN.
- As my flight is 00:35 departure from HKG on Thursday, can I drop my luggage at the Airport Express in-town check-in any time on Wednesday? (Assuming no chauffeur service.)
- Is the EK lounge in HKG airport close to the gate for my flight (EK381)? Does my ticket entitle me to use any other lounges from partner airlines?
- Do most passengers tend to sleep for most of the HKG - DXB flight rather than eat?
- I have a 1 hour 35 mins. layover in DXB. Arriving and leaving from Terminal 3. On arrival, do I have to clear any kind of security? If so, will I need to throw out any toiletries / liquids I acquired after clearing security in HKG?
- Should I go straight to my new gate in DXB or to the First lounge?
- If in the First lounge, do I board my new flight from there or leave the lounge and go to the gate?

Thanks in advance for any wisdom you can share on any of the above (and sorry for the long detailed list!).
1. You have to phone the HKG EK office to book CD (Only F passengers allowed CD service in HKG)
2. As far as I am aware, yes
3. There is a grouping of A380 gates around the mid-60’s from memory and the EK lounge isn’t too far away from them. Gates are not guaranteed though.
4. It’s a late night flight, probably
5. Answered above
6. Answered above. Depending on time you have.
7. Answered above but if concourse A, most flights can board from the lounge, concourse B, on the same level depending on gate. Not too sure about concourse C