FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best fares for Sept & Promo Codes
View Single Post
Old May 20, 2002, 1:32 pm
influential

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dogcanyon:
I priced a World Traveler Plus ticket
LAX-LHR for departure in late September and return in May and it ran about $1775.00
(Even regular World Traveler (Economy) was running $1,080).

If you're willing to jump thru a couple of hoops, I believe that you could get him a vastly superior Club World (Business Class) ticket for even less than a World Travelr Plus ticket if you have a BA frequent flyer account and:
1.If you have a Starwood (Sheraton/Westin)
frequent guest account, right now for each Inside Flyer subscription that you order at $60, they are giving 2,500 Starwood points.
Order 24 subscriptions at $1,440, giving you 60,000 Starwood Points. For every 20,000 points you transfer, Starwood adds 5,000 extra (providing that you have at least some stays at a Starwood property), so transferring your 60,000 Starwood points yields 75,000 miles in you BA Account. BA offers a "mileage booster" of 5,000 miles for $100, so for $1,540 you end up with the 80,000 miles required for a transatlantic Club World ticket.
2.If you have a Diner's Club account, right now Diner's is giving double on point transfers to BA (Usually each Diner's Club Point is only worth 1/2 a mile, but during the promotion 1 point = 1 mile on BA. I think this is true thru the end of August). Also, Inside Flyer is giving 3,500 Diner's Club points for each subscription. Order 23 Inside Flyer subscriptions at $60 each for total of $1,380, yielding 80,500 Diner's Club points and transfer 80,000 to your BA account.

There is info on how to order the Inside Flyer subscriptions and get the bonus points posted on various threads on this board.

[This message has been edited by dogcanyon (edited 05-18-2002).]
</font>
I've been trying to book some first class LGW-MCO tickets with BA using miles (that happen to have come over from the InsideFlyer deal) and there's not a single seat available mid June to September. WT, WT+ and Club are all fine.