FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EI seat selection on Avios ticket
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2020, 12:23 pm
hoe64

I've been a long time lurker here but this is my first posting. I have an Aerclub avios booking (DUB - LYS) and after reading this thread I called (or I thought I called) Aerclub to try and select seats. When I eventually got through and gave over my booking details I was told that seat selection would cost €13.99 per seat. I said this was wrong, the booking was the equivalent of a Plus booking and that a checked bag and seat selection was included. I was put on hold and 5 minutes later she came back and said no as the ticket no began with 125 it was a third party booking and that I would have to pay or contact my supplier. I pointed out that Aerclub was my supplier and that I had rung the Aerclub contact no and had been put through to her. She insisted that no she worked for EI and not Aerclub and that I would have to pay or contact Aerclub. She wouldn't budge and after some too and froing I decided it wasn't worth my elevated blood pressure. So some advice please. Is it written down anywhere that seat selection is included in Aerclub avios bookings? Any tips on what to say when I call back and try again? Thanks in advance.