FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Egencia seat allocations bookings on BA
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2020, 8:58 am
dddc

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I take it you are BA Blue.
Hopefully that will change with the new job, but flying on HBO fares within Europe only so often, I'm likely to stay there!

I don't have Egencia experience but it may be their GDS has/had you in an allocated seat, and MMB may be just be a temporary glitch.
I can only hope!

If sitting apart is out of the question, and you need that taken out of the equation, then you need to think about paying (or getting status). If it's more in the nice-to-have, I would leave it, and perhaps try to get seated together at the airport.
It's not often we do anything for Valentine's Day. And it was just coincidence this work trip fell when it did to a city we've not been to, plus I had carried over annual leave days from last year to burn. We'll try OLCI as it is only my seat that needs to match up with my other half's - assuming no one else takes the middle seat after I sway their original one for an aisle. Won't be end of the world if we don't sit together, but will be if I end up in window seat or middle seat between two strangers! If I hadn't of been able to make the seat selection, I wouldn't have been so bothered.

Note (for next time) that Plus tickets have seat selection at T-48.
Company travel policy for short trips is HBO unless there is a need for luggage. The work trip is only overnight - but I'm staying out for 4 more to explore the city once the other half gets there.