FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotwire "Last Person Got" Experience
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2020, 12:52 am
tatterdema

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I’m talking about something like this to unmask properties: matching the X* Hotwire Hot Rate Hotel’s TripAdvisor review count of say 2.436 reviews with the other Hotwire ratesfor an X* hotel with 2.436 TripAdvisor reviews that is shown to you before even booking the hotel.

So do the search on Hotwire and then sort by hotel class in an area. Then match the opaque Hot Rate Hotels with the non-opaque hotels in the search display by relying upon the Trioadvisor review numbers on Hotwire as the means to conclude which hotel will be the Hot Rate (opaque) hotel.

The Hotwire Hot Rate hotels can be unmasked before booking without even considering the use of other sites to try to unmask the Hotwire hotels. Hotwire.com provides all the information you need to unmask the average Hot Rate Hotel hotel without even having to switch between Hotwire.com and any other site.
I did this for Hyatt in Palm Springs. Even though it was showing "Last person got..." as Saguaro, I was pretty confident between the TA review # and the resort fee that it was the Hyatt.