FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge access is included on paid business YYZ - TLV, right?
Old Jan 16, 2020, 7:33 pm
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by t325
I have a paid flight STL-YYZ-TLV RT in business coming up (at least biz on the long haul leg since STL-YYZ is a CRJ2) in the P booking class. I noticed on the manage booking page, if I go to the Travel Options section, it's offering me Maple Leaf Lounge access for $29.

Is that a website bug, or do I really not get MLL access in YYZ?

And assuming that is a bug, do I also get it on arrival in YYZ (since YYZ-STL is in economy), and what lounges can I access in TLV?
Generally, yes, you'll have lounge access. In YYZ on the way to TLV, you'll have access to the Signature Suite lounge, which is very nice.

In STL, you won't have lounge access since neither AC nor its partner UA has a lounge.

At TLV, I'm not sure. AC doesn't have a lounge, but maybe @24left or someone else who has flown to TLV on AC can comment on whether there's a contract lounge that AC pays for passengers to access.

Coming back from TLV, you'll go straight to the transborder (US) area, where AC does have a lounge. With your flight not having a business cabin, the agent at the lounge may give you some grief, but explain that you're on a business class itinerary and show your TLV-YYZ BP and they should let you in.

But don't worry about the website, it's buggy and often offers lounge access when it shouldn't.

EDIT: I've been beaten to the punch, including some explanation re TLV. Guess I typed too much