FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Quick Adv Please - Train or Fly to BOS?
View Single Post
Old Jan 16, 2020, 4:53 pm
soxfanndc

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
Quick Adv Please - Train or Fly to BOS?

I have no idea why this is taking me so long to decide. I'd love any help please: So I live in DC and I am flying out of BOS @ 1030AM on Saturday 1/18. Weather here in DC is supposed to be snow/sleet around 7AM on Saturday morning and I am currently scheduled on a flight from DC Saturday morning approx 645AM-815AM (which I would take in order to get to BOS in time for a flight out of BOS at 10:30A). As a back up I've also purchased a ticket on the last Amtrak on FRIDAY departing DC at approx 1030PM and arrive in Boston approx 8AM on Saturday . I'd prefer to not spend the night on the train but I'm also worried about the flight to BOS being delayed or cxl'd on Saturday due to weather conditions here in DC. So what would YOU do take the train on Friday or chance it on the flight on Saturday? and I'd only like to consider these two options please and thanks. My greatest angst is that I have to make a decision on the train on Friday night before I know for certain the status of the flight on Saturday?? I'd love any thoughts just to prod me along..... Thanks so much for any useful comments and safe travels to everyone. Thanks!!

Last edited by soxfanndc; Jan 16, 2020 at 9:28 pm