FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mistake Calculating Partner Elite Qualifying Miles (EQM)
Old Jan 16, 2020, 4:22 pm
VegasGambler
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Thirsty Go
Finally I can post after 24 hours restriction as a new user. For all those that helped, flyingstudent, rad, dralex, bellerina, etc.. Thank you very much! For others who are either, snotty, sarcastic, snide, lighten up a little! There is NO question AS terms on this is not perfectly clear. Yes, I suspected the right answer, but there has been many times, particularly in FF, that too good to be true, is TRUE, and specifically with promos and partnerships, things can be more nuanced.

And to pbd--- AS is the example. Miles for BA flights-- they have insane EQM possibilities! I suppose if AS BA chart was published in error, then retracted, anyone who took advantage of it and expected it to be honored would be obviously wrong?-- after all, 300% EQM and 500% RDM looks like a typo, but it isn't.

If AS can screw up with a system glitch that clearly showed my flights + all bonuses counted, then my hopeful inquiry was spot on.
This is a hobby to most, why stress out even if my question was obvious? There was nothing personal, nor did I even criticize Alaska Airlines.

Now its the end of story and no point to continue this conversation. (examples)
Nowhere does it say base + all bonuses count towards qualifying. It says base plus class of service bonuses count. And, there is a column in the chart labeled "class of service". This is completely clear. The fact that you read "class of service" and translated that to "all" in your mind is on you. The terms could not be more clear; you just misread them.