FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotels throttling down water flow in room bathrooms
Old Jan 16, 2020, 2:55 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by pinniped
I don't think I've ever used a standard bathtub in a hotel room. (That is, to fill it up and take a bath.) I'd prefer just a shower stall to be honest...depending on the tub height it can be awkward to step into and out of it to shower.
I don’t care to use the bath tubs for baths most times — probably used them at a rate of less than once per thousand hotel nights — but I mentioned the tubs because pooling water in the tub may be some people’s means to a workaround for the very low water flow from shower heads and even faucets.

Hotels have been on a trend to remove bathtubs for reasons that are not limited to just reducing water usage and that trend has preceded the present wave of throttling water flow rates in hotel bathrooms.

Most hotel guests don’t take baths in the tub and just shower in the showers/tubs if they end up using the full-size bath towels in the room. I have to assume that a large segment of hotel guests shower once during the guest’s stay. This all means that tub removal/elimination affects fewer hotel guests and affects guests way less than the water throttling that prompted this thread.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jan 16, 2020 at 3:03 pm