FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ferry from SXM (Saint Martin and/or Sint Maarten) to Anguilla & St. Bart
Old Jan 16, 2020, 9:04 am
raganstone

Originally Posted by christianj
raganstone Thanks so much for the info! A couple of follow-up questions if I may for you or anyone else reading this:
1. How do I schedule a taxi ahead of my arrival as you suggested? Is the distance to the ferry terminal walkable from the terminal?
2. Should I be concerned about the ferry and the disturbances on the french side of the island. Someone on the Hilton FB elite group posted that the disturbances were impacting the ferry which was news to me so just asking.

1. You can find a few taxi services online, but many of them will require pre-payment and it can be unnerving to send your credit card information or money to someone you've never met in another country. I would always recommend working with a travel advisor to book this ahead of time. If you prefer to do it on your own, there are options online but keep in mind the risk. If you are departing from the traditional St. Maarten Anguilla Ferry Dock, then it is very close to the airport. I wouldn't suggest walking though. It will be hot and carrying luggage out of the airport and trying to find the dock probably won't be a pleasant welcome to the Caribbean. You'll be much happier with air conditioning and a cold beer inside a taxi, even if it's only a 3-5 minute ride. There are some shuttles at the airport, but I do not have personal experience with these.
2. The French side of the island is generally considered the "nicer" side of the island. I'm unsure how anything like this would disrupt the ferry schedule, but the best way to get this information is by working with a travel advisor.