FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions (with Wiki) {Archive}
Old Jan 16, 2020, 6:19 am
yonatan

A few more questions about SDC:

1. I've found on connecting itineraries in the past that if my first flight was in the air and an earlier connecting flight from the transfer point that was not a legal connection was delayed such that a connection would no longer violate the MCT, I would be allowed to SDC to the earlier connecting flight. I was wondering if the reverse is also true - i.e. if my first flight is in the air and scheduled to arrive early, will it let me switch to a connection that would have violated MCT based on my first flight's scheduled arrival time?

2. If I book an overnight connection on an international itinerary, will it treat the connecting flight as a standalone for SDC purposes (just as I've found it's treated for most other purposes by the system), meaning I can only SDC within 24 hours of that connection? If that happens while my first flight is in the air, will I be able to SDC while in the air or does it refuse to even let me check in for the next flight while the first flight is airborne?

3. If my connecting flight is booked in P class, but the flight I want to change to is on an RJ with coach only, can I SDC to the other flight, and what booking code needs to be available for me to do so?