FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion
View Single Post
Old Jan 15, 20, 4:14 pm
Herb687

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by WHBM View Post
The only carrier that I think traditionally served both places was Eastern, but even there I think from Mobile they only did northward to Atlanta, while East-West had been National country. I can't see Pan Am still carrying on with this at such a late date, so I'll guess an upstart. Lets go for American, with a 727 Mexico-Dallas-New Orleans-Mobile.
Originally Posted by jlemon View Post
54. A superb guess! And it's mostly correct! All you have to do now is replace New Orleans with another city as the second stop. Please guess again, sir!
Originally Posted by WHBM View Post
Memphis ?
In the waning days of the 1980s, AA still had a few curious tag flights and smaller cities with mainline service. If MEM is incorrect, I will make an advance guess of BTR.

Originally Posted by jlemon View Post
The next two quiz items both have a time line of 1995.....
57. Now you're in Tampa. Old friends have called from Steamboat Springs and the message is: "Come on up and go skiing with us! Conditions are excellent!" Well, how can you say no.....and to make things even easier, there's a direct daily one stop flight from Tampa to the Yampa Valley Airport (HDN) in Hayden near Steamboat! Wow! Name the air carrier, the stop and the equipment.
Keeping with the AA theme, I will guess an AA 722 routing TPA-DFW-HDN.

Last edited by Herb687; Jan 15, 20 at 4:30 pm Reason: multi-quote