FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Ranked Last Again in Operational Performance (WSJ Jan 2020)
Old Jan 15, 2020, 9:06 am
MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by adunker
2020 isn't gonna look better with 140 cancellations a day just due to the MAX not being able to be in service.
But if the Max is taken off the schedule there shouldn't be cancellations due to the Max not being in service. I think it goes back to banked hubs and the timeliness of maintenance issues. When planes can't get to a gate, particularly towards the later hours of the day there's going to be more crew timing out issues. Planes that do not get back into service on a timely basis are going to cause cancellations not to mention crew time outs waiting for an a/c to be deemed air worthy. Moreover, American is horrible about recovery. An a/c comes in late and it seems that it takes longer to turn the a/c around if it had come in on time.

I don't see Parker debanking hubs. The additional revenue is highly likely offsetting the additional costs and Parker runs by the numbers not the flyer experience. I guess he figures corporate travelers will be taken care of by their company and for high end leisure travelers decamping to the nearest 4 star hotel while annoying doesn't break the budget. Those seated in Groups 7-9 that paid for a cheap ticket, more adversely economically impacted by delays and cancellations can just go pound sand it would appear. However, this of course reeks havoc with a business traveler's agenda and this is where I wonder if they are losing revenue on the back if enough bread and butter flyers are leaving.