FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoorDash, Postmates, GrubHub, UberEats, Eat24 & Other Meal Delivery Services
Old Jan 14, 2020, 8:02 pm
silverthief2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by christianj
I have used UberEats and Grubhub in the past but with the news of the Chase Sapphire Reserve free delivery option coming for DoorDash I have to wonder what the difference is between all of these delivery services. I know that certain restaurants might only work with certain services but is that the main differences between them? It also seems like DoorDash has more low-end fast food options that Grubhub and/or Ubereats. Or am I missing something? Will the prices for places that work with all the services be different from site to site?

Like I said, I have mainly used Grubhub due to the AMEX Gold $10 a month credit but now I need to figure out DoorDash.
DoorDash gives their deliverers a pretty raw deal when it comes to tipping, (i.e. when they agree to a delivery, it comes with a set payout that doesn't increase if they get a good tip; have to tip in cash to bypass this), so we don't use them. Other than that, they aren't too different. You may find as other posters have that your local area has more or fewer places on one of the platforms. I also have noticed that the prices vary slightly for the same delivery across platforms (including a restaurant's own site if they offer delivery). UberEats in particular tends to be higher but on occasion Grubhub will be.