FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Needles/controlled meds
View Single Post
Old Jan 14, 2020, 5:46 pm
bitterproffit

Programs: HH Diamond
Sounds like a fun trip. I can't tell you much about bringing in narcotics into those countries.

I can suggest help with your heat sensitive medical products. I travel with insulin pens and I don't usually have a problem, but if I travel to a warm climate and my carryon bag is exposed to warm temperatures for too long, it has ruined my insulin in the past. Like your transfer from MNL to another airport to the short flight might be long enough that your bag gets too warm.

I found a product called a Frio bag that allows me to not worry so much about my insulin during extended time in hot weather. It doesn't chill the product, but it uses evaporation to keep it from getting too warm. Mine has been all over the world with me and I have not had a problem with my insulin getting too warm since I got it. Nothing worse than ruining all your insulin pens before you even get to the destination. I bought my pouch on Amazon. Mine will hold 5 pens, but others would hold even more. I have never had a problem with TSA or any other country bringing the pouch through (even though its gel and the pens have liquid). Most security won't even try to open it.

I thought you might find that of some use in your travels. Happy travels.