FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Looking for off-strip hotel/resort with water park
Old Jan 14, 2020, 10:57 am
SLC-YYZ

Programs: UA 1K (2MM)
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Group of friends (4-5 families each with 2-3 kids) are looking for a resort-type hotel in Las Vegas in 2022 over New Year's sometime in June.

We just did this in Orlando, and we did find a nice resort with condo-like accommodations (full kitchens, washer/dryer, multiple bedrooms) which also had a somewhat large water park only for resort guests. Edited to add: maybe my requirement for a water park is too much. I think a nice, large pool would be acceptable.

Is there anything remotely like this in the Las Vegas area? The further from the strip, the better (at least in my opinion).

Thanks in advance.
I'd recommend the Signature at MGM would work. The rooms have galley kitchenettes and you have to call down for dishes and such. The rooms aren't the most modern décor BUT they have been in good condition/upkeep the four stays I've had there.

The pools for the Signature are small BUT you can definitely access the other MGM properties and their pools. The MGM Grand pool complex is solid for a group looking for a resort feel. Although there are no rides per se there is a lazy river and a waterfall grotto. If you do end up going to the MGM Grand pool complex DO look into the cabana 'rental'. The fee is a minimum spend agreement rather than a rental fee … when I rented a cabana it turned out that the fee was just what I guaranteed to spend at the pool ordering drinks and food. Prices were not unreasonable. The rate 'varies' so it might be more than your spend target but it does make for a great day at the pool. (I think the MGM Grand and Park MGM are the only ones that work this way).

Cheers.