FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thinking of dropping AA for Delta
View Single Post
Old Jan 14, 2020, 9:59 am
ijgordon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ggonzaga
I would argue that the flagship and centurion lounges are still behind some first class lounges in Europe and Asia. The Cathay Pacific lounge in LHR is probably the nicest lounge I’ve ever been to.
Hard to *really* compare First Class lounges to business class lounges like the Flagship Lounge. Though supposedly AA's Flagship First Dining compares pretty favorably with global F lounges. That said, obviously as AA EXP you do get access to the OneWorld F lounges. But the bar is generally much higher for the best F lounges in the world (generally you have to be flying F or I think in some cases a more difficult top-tier like LH HON) like AF in CDG, LH in FRA/MUC and LX in ZRH, or even the BA Concorde room at LHR/JFK.
As far as J lounges go, I'd say the Virgin clubhouse at LHR (and its smaller cousin at JFK) is the best in the world, and actually on par with many OneWorld F lounges. If you switch to DL, you can use the Clubhouse when flying either VS or DL metal on a transatlantic flight to/from the UK, either in business class or as DL Plat/Diamond (or I think Gold outside of LHR).