FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Truffles and (no) Lobster - A weekend in Singapore on LX F and SQ F
Old Jan 14, 2020, 8:17 am
bruce80

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Lufthansa Senator Lounge Paris

In order to access the gates, passengers need to walk through one of the currently 5 satellite concourses numbered from 1 to 7 (plus another two which are currently under construction) through access tunnels equipped with moving walkways.

Once I arrived at satellite 6 from where my flight was scheduled to depart, I first needed to go through security. There are two security checkpoints at the entrance of this satellite, but only one was operational. I had to wait for a few minutes as there were two or three people in front of me and they seemed to have trouble with the automated trough return system, and then turned right towards gate 61, where the (well-hidden) elevators down to the Lufthansa lounges are located.

Upon entering the lounge, I found it to be quite full, but not as overcrowded as on other occasions when I went there, and I was even able to secure an armchair seat. The lounge is really small, and the two pictures below basically show the entirety of the lounge (with the exception of a business center next to the entrance that provides 4 computer workstations).

All in all, except for the lack of natural light and the size, the lounge is quite a typical Lufthansa Senator lounge, with all the (relatively basic) amenities you’ll usually find in a Lufthansa lounge - they have a salad buffet, a small selection of warm food with a local touch (quiche), some snacks and sweets (including Tarte au Citron and Tarte au Chocolat) and a basic selection of drinks and alcohol.

All in all, the offerings in this lounge are not as bad as many people claim, it’s just not as spectacular as some other non-Lufthansa lounges. The primary problem really seems to be the small size. At some point, I checked on the incoming aircraft, and realized that they had taken off from ZRH about one hour late, which meant that departure would be delayed by about 30 to 40 minutes. In the end, I didn’t really mind, as I had also planned for a long layover of 6 hours in ZRH, but it once again proved to me that you should never book really tight connections unless there is more than one flight per day to your final destination.