FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Old Jan 14, 2020, 3:45 am
andydd

Originally Posted by Nick Jacobson
Looking for some help from somebody more experienced with this than I am. Have spent quite a bit of time reading this thread in its entirety and bits of the thread on IF (MP) and believe I understand the basics, just having some trouble constructing a successful 3x. Relatively new to FT and haven't contributed so far, but trying to become competent so I can help out this community in the longterm. Also, no attachment to AL industry whatsoever - just a college student trying to score some cheap flights and maybe get status in 2020.

Anyways, here's what I'm trying to dump. OW fare from the Liberty Bell to a north African city with the same name as a famous 1942 Hollywood drama/romance. Fat of $400, or around 43% of the total. Found it on ITA matrix (believe I'm fairly competent with using it at this point, but probably have lots more to learn). Based on my knowledge from this thread and some other resources, I believe it's dumpable. Just can't figure out a good 3x. Been looking in C1.5 and C2 mostly.

Also - let me know if I'm saying too much here. My understanding is that questions shouldn't be coded, but I'm happy to edit this if need be. Feel free to PM me if you're willing to help. TIA.
Better to not code the question, though you need not very specifically mention flight number. Luckily I read the question before you coded them, otherwise I wouldn't have wasted time trying to figure out your coded question. Anyways, you mention that you are proficient/competent with Matrix. Are you?

The answer lies in Matrix itself and on seeing details, it will tell you why you are unable to dump it. You aren't even checking the basics for a candidate fare.

Last edited by andydd; Jan 14, 2020 at 4:06 pm