FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Jan 13, 2020, 10:38 pm
solewalker

Just checked out of a 3-night points stay as a globalist.

+

Service was for the most part good, even at the Kyoto Bistro, and staff didn't take long to remember my face and dining preferences (I guess I helped them by wearing the same jacket every day?). Staff were friendly and effective.

The hard product is lovely. I was assigned a corner King Garden Terrace room, and was allowed to check in when I showed up at close to 3 pm.

-

Some rooms might have privacy issues. At various points on the property or on the streets, I could look into rooms, particularly after dark. So keep in mind that if you have a great view of the streets, people are also getting a great view of you.

Meh, check in. Little explanation of breakfast. Worse. When I checked in (~3), I was told that the Japanese breakfast was no longer available on my first morning, because it was fully accounted for. So if you want the Japanese breakfast, please reserve in advance. It gets worse. So the FDA made a note on my reservation, requesting the Japanese breakfast on my second morning. On the second evening of my stay, I decided to go to the FD to confirm my Japanese breakfast for the next day. Apparently, there was no record of such a request, and by that point, all Japanese breakfasts have been accounted for yet again. I immediately put in a request for the Japanese breakfast on my last morning at the property. Fortunately, I did get to sample the Japanese breakfast on my last morning.

Overall, I had a great stay, but breakfast-gate was really annoying, and shouldn't have happened. If I had only stayed for two nights, and didn't get an opportunity to try the Japanese breakfast, I would have been disappointed. They do have Japanese front desk agents now. They might still need more staff. I took the Japanese breakfast in the living room, and they only had one staff member manning the place at that point. Other guests who streamed in after I was seated were left wandering for a bit, while the staff member went to get my food.