FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thinking of dropping AA for Delta
View Single Post
Old Jan 13, 2020, 5:20 pm
ggonzaga

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
OT, but I'm more concerned that the OP is spending a lot of time traveling between MIA and BOS, regardless of class or travel and lounge access, rather than spending time interacting with and learning from his student peers. Students get more out of college when they spend time around campus (in order to do stuff with other students) not in an airplane/airport/lounge. This is an investment in your future too.
You’re right, it definitely is an investment in my future and I do try to spend some time involving myself with the college community to get some of the college experience out of these years. However I also look at the bigger picture and I just see so much untapped opportunity that other people my age refuse to pursue because they think they need to graduate and get a degree first. While some are partying their weekends away, I’m trying to put work in that will set me apart from the rest. My father became very successful in healthcare and real estate by going against the grain at an early age (at around age 24 or 25 he opened his first business). Thank you for the insight, and I hope I don’t come off as some kind of know it all. I take in all of the advice being given on this thread and appreciate the insight of all of you. I really enjoy learning from people that have gone through issues like these in the past. Thank you again