FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vueling - cancelled flight, and only offers a refund. Is that right?
Old Jan 13, 2020, 1:11 pm
irishguy28
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I would say in response that Vueling will likely deny that a simple reimbursement is in breach of the law.

I simply cannot envisage Vueling booking you onto W6, or onto any airline other than themselves. As it appears that Vueling have dropped all Polish destinations (am I right? I couldn't see anything offered from BCN but may have missed something), I really think that any request involving them buying you a ticket on any other airline is destined for failure.

If you can't come up with a new Vueling destination (even outside Poland), then I really think you can forget talking Vueling into rebooking you

I would again ask you to check whether you can find yourself a reasonably-priced new ticket, even on a day earlier/later than originally planned. I notice that TFN-KRK comes up with options in May from €111 oneway involving Vueling on TFN-ALC, followed by a separate Ryanair ticket on ALC-KRK, which appears to be slightly cheaper than the W6 direct flight you mentioned above. Of course, here you have to allow LOTS of time between flights, and if you check a bag, it will probably drastically increase the cost.

You should also check with local travel agents - there are likely charter flights selling seat-only services that may be of use to you, and which could never, anyway, be booked by Vueling or even any "normal' scheduled airline.

Also - as this is a frequent flyer forum - have you considered using miles in order to book a return flight, if the prices have become too high?
Attached Images  

Last edited by irishguy28; Jan 13, 2020 at 1:23 pm