FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thinking of dropping AA for Delta
View Single Post
Old Jan 13, 2020, 12:47 pm
xliioper
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by saunders111
I switched from AA to Delta last fall despite AA having a much more frequent schedule out of my home airport, ABQ. The bottom line is that I prefer Delta because the AA response to IRROPS was repeatedly a giant middle finger to me as a PLT. Having frequent flights from DFW to ABQ did me no good at all, if I was sitting in DCA pleading with surly customer facing employees about getting a seat on a flight that had tickets for sale, after a mechanical cancellation.

Having now flown on Delta for about six months, I have to say the ONE thing that I miss from AA, as a former PLT, is MCE access at time of booking. Delta does that wrong, treating Comfort+ as an upgrade for GLD and PLT that might or might not happen after booking.

saunders111
C+ upgrades for Delta Plats and Diamonds opens at time of booking and is pretty much automatic. It's DL Gold and Silver status where the window opens at 3 days and 1 day, respectively, where you can often have challenges getting upgraded. The main difference between AA if you are a DL Plat or Diamond is that you can only upgrade one companion to C+. So if you frequently travel with family or more than one business companion with low or no status, you'll have to decide who gets stuck in the back and the one companion you want to upgrade to C+ with you.