FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - F experience on late-night HKG departures
Old Jan 13, 20, 3:25 am
UAuhoh

Programs: Star Gold, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, EY Gold
Originally Posted by sombrachinesca View Post
Hello,

I've flown CX before so am generally familiar with the service in J/F classes. However, I'm contemplating taking the HKG-MXP flight later this year and am somewhat unsure about the level of service and the overall "F experience" considering the 1am departure from HKIA.

I searched a bit on here, but other than the mention of "supper service" in place of the full dinner service in J, didn't find anything to calm my uncertainty.

Essentially, if the expectation from the cabin crew is going to be - get on board, go to sleep and then breakfast in Milan - I'll just do business instead of the additional premium for first class.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Bill
I take the HKG - SFO late-night departure every other month. The first class service offered is the same as any other CX flight and, as mentioned, you can have what you want, when you want. Just keep in mind that most of your fellow travelers will go to sleep right after take-off so, if you do the opposite (eat first, sleep later), you may be disturbed by the others being served while you are trying to sleep. I am a light sleeper and it makes me crazy.