FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where do I find the good fares between North America and China (and v.v.)?
Old Jan 13, 2020, 12:39 am
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by dvs7310
That flight was economy. I also noticed a significant portion of the cabin attendants were Chinese. It's something that they are apparently prepared for which leads me to think they are selling competitive fares between China and New York somewhere or else I'm sure those passengers would be flying a carrier like UA or a Chinese carrier that goes direct and does offer $300-500 round trip fares in that market. Not too many people are going to pay double to fly JL on a connection. So, I thought there must be a consolidator on one side or the other offering much cheaper fares than JL publishes. (or in some cases, major Chinese cities with no published fare at all from JL connecting to the US)
JAL has cabin crew bases outside Japan, and apart from serving their local markets, they also cycle through serving some of the long haul destinations. So I don't think it is for this specific reason that the flight attendants were there, more a cost issue.