FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Preordering First Class Meals
View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2020, 7:57 pm
VegasGambler
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by david55
Our flight SEA-LIH is 25 days out but the menu and opportunity to select is available. Nothing looks too good to me...the two mains sound complicated and I can't go six hours on a plane with just a cheese platter. ....any thoughts on the 2 mains?

Butternut Squash Ravioli

Complimentary

Raviolis filled with roasted butternut squash. Served with grilled zucchini and red peppers. Topped with a creamy coconut Kabocha squash curry sauce.

Select

Fruit & Cheese Plate

Complimentary

It’s an all-star cast for our Fruit & Cheese plate. Beecher’s® Flagship cheese, Tillamook® sharp cheddar and brie, Partners® crackers, and finished with a Seattle Chocolate truffle.

Select

Roasted Pomegranate Glazed Chicken

Complimentary

Boneless Chicken Breast glazed with pomegranate reduction, accompanied by Brussels Sprouts roasted with bacon and citrus zest, fluffy couscous with mint and raisins. Served with a smoky tomato and harissa jus.

I wouldn't eat either of those either. I'd get the cheese plate (which is delicious)

Can you really not go 6 hours without food? Do you wake up every 2 hours in the middle of the night to eat? How many meals a day do you eat? 6 hours is nothing.

FWIW the cheese plate still comes with the starter. It's no less filling than the "regular" dishes. They also come by with a snack basket and you can grab more than one thing. Grab a banana (delicious and filling) as well some jerky and you have lots of calories.

You can also just grab a burger or something at the airport before you leave, which is usually what I do. Or, if you have priority pass, there is a Vietnamese restaurant (Bambuza) in the SEA north satellite where you can get a $28 credit (I haven't tried it so I can't comment on the quality)