FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Member Edition: UC access changes Nov 1, 2019 (same day BP on UA or partner)
Old Jan 12, 2020, 12:41 pm
stopdiabetes

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, BA
Reporters choose the quotes!

This is the front page of the Business Section
The article was on the front page of the Houston Chronicle Business Section today, and I understand the points people make about overcrowding due to passes handed out by UA, and criticizing me for not making that point in the story. I did, but it was not used in the story. I also mentioned the threat to cut of Lifetime members from drinks, and CO relenting due to the number of demand letters from lawyers. That too was not included. My thought was, and is that the right thing for UA to do is to grandfather Lifetime members, especially in the wake of AA and DL doing just that. I think keeping the heat on is the right thing to do, and for some of us to come up with the initial solicitation that I can't find, that did promise you can fly on any airline for your lifetime. That was a material inducement and it should be honored, period, IMHO. Last, when someone asserts their rights, I don't think it's fair to say they are whiners. They are simply asserting that UA should honor its word. I still think it will.

Originally Posted by Mikey
It's all a matter of perspective and sometimes people can't see the other person's perspective. if they had purchased a membership into something and it was all the sudden restricted in some way they would complain just as we are.
Re