FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BEI Zhaolong Beijing Joie de Vivre (Master Thread)
Old Jan 12, 2020, 2:56 am
SHLTP

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
BEI Zhaolong Beijing Joie de Vivre (Master Thread)

I couldn't find a thread on this new property, so I thought I'd start one here (moderators, please move if thread elsewhere)

1) Location: the location of this hotel is great. It takes about an hour from Beijing Capital Airport by taxi (under 80 RMB).

It is about a 10 minute walk to Sanlitun Bar Street and the giant shopping and dining complex Tai Koo Li. It is perfect for being a tourist or for going to meetings. I'm probably going to walk to meetings tomorrow in a major CBD area.

2) I was upgraded in advance to a Joie de Vivre Suite. It is nice. There is a separate couch area and circulare dining table (with 6 cushioned, wooden chairs around).

I'd call the decoration lively and fun. It is not a luxury style (like Park) that I tend to prefer at my age but it is nice and not cheap feeling or overly trendy like an Aloft or W. Would be the perfect design for a 28-35 fairly wealthy young couple on the way up.

It's classy enough for me but I don't have to have PH style everywhere. If you need true luxury, this is not hotel for you. There is a coffee maker in the room.

3) Service: folks very friendly and helpful. GM sent a bottle of wine and nice snacks up to the room. They also had 10 free bottles of water waiting in my room as I like. The Grab and Go has good free coffee on the first floor and free cookies and snacks. Not extensive. Almost like a bad CL's afternoon snack offerings.

4) Elevators: I don't like the set up at all. All the suites are on the 22nd and 23rd floors. The only way to get there is by taking the middle of 3 elevators. However, if the elevator on the left or right arrive first, you have take it to the 21st floor and change elevators

This is a real pain and stupid. It's maddening actually and the only real drawback to the hotel.

5) Gym: they outsource to an outside gym in the hotel. Very well-stocked. Serious workouts can be done here. However, three gym people all told me hotel guests could only work out on weekends. I had to go back to the hotel reception and get them to come over to tell the gym people I was allowed in at all times. ...? I know it is a new hotel but this type of miscommunication should not be happening.

6) Globalists get free breakfast. I haven't had it yet but will try tomorrow

Overall, I like this property. It's quite different from the GH or HR in Beijing (I like the HR's hardware a lot except for the location which is awful... the GH is good but getting old).

I will try the PH soon. But overall, I'll probably stay here in the future because of the location and different hardware feel. It is fun. It is something different than the typical hotel room..

Only thing missing is a Club Lounge which I do enjoy in Asia