FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SFO--> Acadia via BOS or PWM?? Need advice from locals
Old Jan 11, 2020, 2:39 pm
mstraveler

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
It's about a 5 hour drive from Boston to Acadia without traffic; if you land during rush hour, you can probably add an hour to that, and maybe another 30 minutes due to it being the Thursday before Memorial Day, as lots of Bostonians are driving to Maine that weekend. It's much shorter from Portland, but you said you wouldn't rent a car from PWM, so I'm sure you've looked into how long it would take by whatever transportation method you would take. My personal preference would be to take the connection, as I don't like long drives after a cross country flight, but it does depend on the price difference.
Thanks Logan Flyer and we will absolutely rent a car from either place as we will need it for the week in Southwest Harbor. And the air price difference isn't really all that great. We would not drive all the way to Southwest Harbor but would probably stay someplace just outside of BOS and do the drive the next day. In my mind dealing with the connection and ending up in Portland in time to check into a nice hotel and have dinner beats BOS hands down, but wanted to get some unbiased opinions.