FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Agency bookings with different airlines
View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2020, 1:45 pm
kentauta

Originally Posted by duckdj88
Hi all!

I have booked 3 flights under a single 'booking' via an agent. I tend to do separate bookings via airlines (though previous experience with agents have been fine) but in this case it made more sense to use Skyscanner and one of the offers.

The booking is for 3 flights with 3 entirely separate carriers; am I correct in that each is totally independent? For example, if I missed flight 1, would flights 2 and 3 be unaffected (they are not connecting flights)

I know if I miss the outbound flight on a regular return ticket via the airline that it can cancel the return sector but in this case as I have 3 different flights spread over almost 2 weeks I don't expect that such issues would arise if one leg was missed

Thanks!
I believe that depends on whether those 3 flights belong to the same PNR or not. You can have multiple carriers/marketing airlines in one PNR. For example I had a combination of flights operated by AA and IB but with AA and AY flight numbers under one PNR.

Whether the subsequent flights get automatically cancelled or not depends on how you miss the preceding flight and whether the flights belong to the same PNR or not. In case of no show, I would believe they will be cancelled unless your flights are split into multiple PNRs. On the other hand, if a flight is missed due to delay/cancellation of flights under the same PNR, you should be fine but not with separate PNRs.

Try to find PNR(s) for the trip and look up itinerary from it/them and see how your flights are lumped to the PNR(s). Most likely its a single PNR, but it's good to confirm.