FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoorDash, Postmates, GrubHub, UberEats, Eat24 & Other Meal Delivery Services
Old Jan 11, 2020, 5:03 am
diburning

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
My experience in the Boston area:

DoorDash: They are the worst. I only use them because the Chipotle app offers delivery, and DoorDash is their delivery partner. I can see that my order is ready, and that a Dasher is assigned to pick up my food. Then, it assigns a different dasher. Repeat 3-4 times and I start wondering whether my food will arrive warm. Sometimes the drivers are rude. DoorDash is useless, and I feel bad complaining to Chipotle (where they're always generous with compensation) because it's mostly not their fault.
UberEats: Best variety in my area. As others have mentioned, customer service is trash, but, they do have self-help menus. If I'm not satisfied with an item (ie doesn't match description) or didn't receive an item I ordered, the automated system simply refunds me for them with no human intervention needed. If the restaurant gets my order wrong, then sometimes it takes a customer service rep to fix, but I haven't had any issues that haven't been fixed to my satisfaction yet.
GrubHub: I was disappointed when Foodler was bought out by Grubhub. Grubhub isn't too bad, but I've had a few issues where I essentially had to threaten Grubhub telling them that the had one last chance to make things right before I go to the credit card dispute route. GrubHub was one of the original players in this industry, and unfortunately, they're also the dying dinosaur.