FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Star Alliance Upgrade Award on EVA
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2020, 11:01 pm
sklin88

Originally Posted by pete.th
Just had a successful upgrade using Lifemiles. Booked BKK-LHR-BOG in B class with BKK-LHR operated by BR. I checked availability on the LM website every few days and around T-15 LM indicated availability. Cost is 30,000 LM to upgrade. Clicked through with excitement only to receive an error message. Miles were deducted but the upgrade wasn't done. Had to call in to ask what's going on. A few days later a LM agent called me to say there was a system issue (yeah, no kidding) and refunded my miles and asked me to try again. I figured it might have been phantom availability last time, so this time I called and check with BR directly on availability. They told me 2 seats left in Z class through BR (with 9 seats left in C on EF and no I class available), but not sure about for *A. I went to the LM website, which showed availability. So I went through the process again, which is a success this time! Verified with BR who said the ticket has been upgraded.

As a side note, I also tried cross-referencing the availability with Aeroplan before I booked my upgrade. Aeroplan actually indicated no availability right before I successfully upgraded with LM. So a word of caution that the Aeroplan SAUA upgrade system might not be returning correct availability at this time.
This is what happen to me 2 days ago... called EVA in Tapei, confirm Z class available more than 5, came back to Aeroplan to upgrade, not available...
so perhaps I should assume there might be some wrong with Aeroplan's upgrade system?