FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Review: North Island, Seychelles
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2020, 6:36 am
MacMyDay

Originally Posted by MacMyDay
The Managing Partner of A Small World, Michael Manz, contacted me regarding my blog post and wanted to just chat through what is changing. Mad respect for being prepared to do that in the first place. I spent an hour talking to him earlier today. I cannot go into detail on 95% of the call, as it was in confidence, but I do come away appreciating what they're trying to do and their desire to simply use Marriot as a marketing partner, with the emphasis on very little changes elsewhere as part of the management change. Changes are coming though, which all sounded positive, but it will be hard to know until they're implemented. You will be able to book using Bonvoy points once the full transition takes place, later in the year.
Still no sign on the Marriot side of things, but they have implemented flexible rates, as he said they would:

https://www.north-island.com/rates/

I may need to reconsider my view on it sounding positive. The Dream Rate in High Season looks a particularly painful purchase. I first stayed in 2016 when it was €5,485/n, whereas in 2020 it would be €9,801. I wouldn't bother with the Dream Rate (we don't dive), but that still means on Full Board it's €8,107/n during March.