FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Missed Diamond MQD Waiver by $140, Worth Escalating?
Old Jan 10, 2020, 6:26 am
cre95

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IMO there would be a much better chance if your MQDs were closer to the requirement but $9000 for 212,000 MQMs doesn't look like a HVC.
Originally Posted by ethernal
$249.8K of credit card spend is pretty HVC to Delta. From a bottom line perspective it probably adds more than a typical $15000 passenger because it actually costs Delta something to fly that person around. And, perhaps OP is just selectively frugal on flights, but generally people that can put $250K on a credit card in a single year are good customers to keep around and keep happy. That's a lot of income (or controlled spend) to tap into.
I feel the OP's pain of feeling you had gotten there but turns out you missed it by a hair. In essence, what the the OP is asking Delta to do is a hand out of potentially $20,000 as a good will gesture... Looks different in those terms but many people point out how GUCs can give you access to $10k+ Delta One tickets so a couple of those could add up to $20k. I assume that's why the OP went out of their way to try and hit the $250k annual spend, or did I misunderstand?